Tuesday, July 27, 2010

WOMAN

The man in me tells me not to cry. That same man tells me to wear makeup and not to cut my hair short. That man demands I am always aware of the positioning of my hips. That man says more cleavage. That man says you sound stupid when you speak. Just keep quiet. The woman in me wishes to force him out. The woman in me says no makeup, says loosen your jeans, says wear something plain, says cut your bangs, hell shave your whole head! And I love the woman in me. I hate the man. He makes me nervous when I speak, anxious when i think, self-conscious when I walk, blush when a man double-takes to stare as I pass. But that man knows me. It is the woman's curse to be split in two. WO-MAN. I am two parts. Without my man, who am I? WO. And I could not see myself outside of my body. Who would tell me to look nice?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.