I said,
'I'm dead in here -
come dwell in me,
I know there is no other way.'
I've tried for years to find my purpose,
threw stones,
punched holes,
my body sinking in the lake
and I justified the drowning,
every brick I mortared high,
as the necessary defenses
of the darkness in my mind.
I drug around a heavy chest
as a penitence for regret.
I couldn't help the self destruction
so I thought 'I'll die instead.'
There was a reckoning
and a cost -
His body died and resurrected
so the torments of the flesh
could cease to lead us to our death.
My soul knows how much He loves me,
My heart knows His sacrifice.
This world is evil and depleted
and the battle wages on,
but with each resounding song
the fight is won.
And so you ask, "Where is this 'God'?"
I say, "you have not eyes to see Him -
He lives in us."
He lives in us.
There's no scientific method.
There's no worldly proof.
The definite 'yes'
is the Spirit
burning deep inside my chest.
We call it faith
because it's nothing of my doing,
I was just as skeptical,
I fought and broke my back for years;
the yoke I burdened myself to.
It was my choice to use you all;
it was my choice to stand alone
all because I was afraid
of His gentle, repeating Call.
The dark within us
rejects the Light -
reject the dark,
see the Light.
Once, the pain kept me stagnant,
the fear held me captive,
the guilt suffocating,
the void immense.
But You are Healer,
Victor, Redeemer;
Your Spirit is within me.
Now, I feel no shame;
Your love has closed my gaping chest.
I said,
"There's nothing left inside me;
the darkness is a tomb!"
You knew I needed grace
to see the difference between
the fire and the flame,
the fury of the rain,
the storm of another day.
I am not broken,
I am not beat -
stick me closely to Your side.
We're buoyed branches to the Vine.
We're safe inside,
we're safe inside.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.