Friday, September 17, 2010

Passions Between Women: Early 1900s to Late 1900s

[“I considered myself without shame… albinos aren’t reproached for having pink eyes and whitish hair; why should they hold it against me for being lesbian? My queerness isn’t a vice, isn’t deliberate, and harms no one.”- Natalie Barney, 1899]


written by men

essentially to excite,

alarm,

degrade

.

men mystified

men tolerate

allocate

a training ground,

an outlet.

Whatever two women

might do,

they could not

really fuck

.

appalling ignorance

enlarged clitoris

from female-female

sexual relations

.

God forbid,

the Lesbian,

the Sapphic

the Tommy

.

alien

unthinkable

congenital anomaly

.

maybe childhood stress

maybe unresolved arguments

maybe degenerate

or maybe

we’re all born

bisexual

.

categorized

like burns

like felonies

by degrees of masculinity

of the true lesbian

.

fucking needs penetration

.

smug postulations flop:

we can penetrate ourselves

.

introduce the Contemporary Female

.

we bested you

passed as you

took your jobs

wed your women

permeated your culture;

they write about us

.

devoid of shame

as the albino

isn’t berated

for pale skin

so the lesbian

shouldn’t be discriminated

queerness is no vice,

it isn’t deliberate

.

the erotic lives of women together

3 comments:

  1. Oh yes. I really like it. Except for "maybe childhood stress... or maybe we're all born bisexual." Something about it doesn't flow right to me.. I dunno. Maybe I'm crazy? Other than that, I really love it a whole bunch :) Stellar job, woman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I messed with the line breaking. Because when I read it it sounded alright but I was putting in my own pauses. So thank you for pointing that out, dear :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.