Thursday, June 23, 2011

Journal Entry: Nothing lasts without change

I’ve calmed down a lot, but I’m still a mess.

I’ve learned a lot in a short amount of time, but I still don’t know shit.

And I’m not complaining or getting down on myself, I am perfectly okay with these statements because they are true. And the great thing about life is that they are true for now. They will change as everything does.

I used to complain about the changes in people. How silly and naïve of me. Change is inevitable and always occurring, change is necessary, life-giving. We are never stagnant no matter how stuck we may feel. You do not ever have to be stuck. It is a choice made, like making a change. Though some changes we have no say in and these are the hardest to accept, things we cannot control. That is when change becomes scary, hurtful. That is when bonds are broken, relationships abandoned. When change seems to have happened overnight with no time to adjust. Expect change, that way, when it happens - and it will - the shock can be padded so as not to completely break you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.