Friday, November 23, 2012

The Page


I am anything but fearless when it comes to this.
I come to the page trembling;
I come to feed the need.

I come heated.
I come lost.
I come stumbling.
I come purposefully.
I come burdened.
I come inked and injured.

It does not matter here.

I come to pursue understanding.
I come prepared to shed skin.
I come because nothing else will sustain me.
I come to cure what ails me-
it’s usually myself.

I come to clear the dust.
I come to exorcise demons.
I come to remind myself that I am good at something.
I come to flex creativity.
I come to change somebody-
it’s usually myself.
I come to aid somebody-
it’s usually myself.

But I’m writing for anyone else
who will listen. And I don’t need
to be well known. I don’t need
to be highly lofted.
Just understood.
Here,
it is all laid out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.