Saturday, June 1, 2013

iv poems

i.
Where are you in the rooms of my heart? You are the walls. Anyone who enters after is mere wallpaper, trim, paint. Your blood solidified these floorboards. There’s a secret hatch beneath the dresser where I go late at night to embrace your bones. You are in my breath and I can still smell your scent. Your laugh is the mightiest draft perpetually echoing through the halls. My heartstrings are the sinews in your feet and with every step induce palpitations; I quack. I will never be able to eradicate your idol, my Isaac, with every silence the pedestal rises higher than my head and my heart has no ceiling your image cannot be contained. You are not even here. You are not even mine.

ii.

We were poetry once. 
We were songs worthy to be deemed ballads. 
We were oceans. 
Now we are opposite shores. 
When the tide arrives my sands soak and hold 
disrupting the flow 
desiring your ebb.

iii.
Never again
Nothing tangible
No skin
Burning carnations
beneath cheeks
jump starting shivers
never again
nothing vulnerable
thick skin
scarred hearts will pump
again but never like before
never fresh
nothing left
no bones
brick
by
brick
sealed
blood wax stamped solidifies
buy time
till gaping graves fill

iv.
Bear witness
to bones breaking
but not shattering
a clean cut
a quick repair
facilitate the healing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.