Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Dream Catcher Needs New Net

What do you do

when you’re final solitude

turns on you, too?

I used to abuse sleep.

Now, I’m left

with fits full

of half sleep – half awake,

twitching

to wake from nightmares

where I’m a killer,

where I’m haunted,

I’m possessed,

I’m the target of every cheater

and I’m beaten by my best friend.

-

Where I come from,

they don’t prepare you for this.

Where I come from,

they all ignore it

and can’t see

that it doesn’t ......... go away,

just leaves you

heart-hard

and two-faced.

Bliss in silence,

that's not happy,

just ignorant.

Midwest winds teach tolerance;

nun with a slap stick.

Don’t stomp,

don’t scream,

don’t make a scene;

barred fences for this sort of thing.

Because if I’m not content,

I’m crazy.

And if I’m speaking,

I’m a threat.

Pill-passive

keeps wide minds reigned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.