Saturday, February 12, 2011

something about substance abuse and loving you


I just popped the second hyrdocodone in less than 24 hours:
and I’m still shaking.
This must be ‘the bottom’.
And I’ve seen the bottom
of a pill bottle,
_______liquor fifth
___________and the bathroom floor,
but I was never this angry
or this motivated
to suck it up,
not throw up
[maybe this is the beginning.]
-
I’ve seen the birthing
of too many addictions
and I’ve taken the path to
______bloody wrist,
________curled crying body
[was never this eye-dry and leg-bouncing]
-
Maybe it’s the air warming my
_____passed-protection,
__________burnt black
_____________but still made-from-glass
_________________heart.
Gut stretched
[don’t feed it]
mind a mess
[can’t navigate it]
pill-passive,
anxiety-high;
no wonder my mouth never knows how to open
and when it does:
tongue tripping
on mixed convictions
and negotiated morals ............... to the point where I can slide against any strange side and pretend it’s you.
-
Listen
to my loose-leaf po-e-tree
and figure me out,
because I’ve never understood first impressions
and how they don’t allow for second chances.
-
So I’m sorry if:
_______- I fuck you than throw a punch at your face because I thought I saw me.
In all of you I see me.
So maybe that’s why sometimes I
_____1) hate you
_____2) love you
and
___3) expect too much.
Disappointment made me,
left me
road-kill dying,
misfit barn cat sucking punctured-lung breathes;
asphalt in my throat.
They say:
______‘be careful’,
but I still tip-toe dance down the middle like:
______HIT ME
__________- car crash suicide.
Yeah, I dreamt it,
only I lived.
You didn’t.
At least there was a .............. real tragedy.
And they stopped asking:
_____why these scars? and
_____why these tears?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.